Film Club to meet Oct. 17, go to Regal Cinema Oct. 18

Film Club members will meet on Oct. 17 in Room E150 to pick a movie and show time for their trip to Regal Village Park Stadium 17 Cinema on Oct. 18. On Oct. 18, they will meet outside of Regal Cinemas, located on 2222 E. 146th St. According to club sponsor Robyn Huss, students should bring $5 for the movie ticket and additional money if they wish to purchase a snack or drink. Students may invite their friends and family members.

If the chosen movie is rated R, students under the age of 17 must turn in a permission slip to Huss, she said. Students can pick up permission slips at the Oct. 17 meeting and bring them to the theater, Huss said.

On Nov. 3, Film Club will watch “The Exorcist” in Room E150. The movie will run from 3:15 to 4:45 p.m. Students must have a permission slip. According to Caroline Ward, club member and junior, she created Film Club with her friend, junior Haley Mattes, in their freshman year.

“We wanted to make a club where people could watch movies, eat snacks, and hang out with friends,” Ward said.