Creative Writing Contest submission deadline Nov. 4

The deadline for submissions to the annual Creative Writing Contest is Nov. 4, according to Creative Writing Club sponsor Jerry Brinkley. Students may submit entries on the Carmel High School Moodle webpage under the course “CHS Creative Writing Contest” with the enrollment key “Contest.”

The contest has three categories: Short Story, Essay and Poetry, Brinkley said, and entries can be on any subject. Winners will be announced on Dec. 9, and first, second and third place winners will receive prizes, hesaid. All entries will be published in a magazine, Reflections, sometime in February.

“(The contest) gives people an opportunity to try out their creative writing,” Brickley said.

According to Kinza Abbas, vice president of the club and sophomore, winning an award in the creative writing contest also adds to one’s college resume.

“I have one piece which is my favorite piece that I haven’t published anywhere yet; that one I’m going to submit,” Abbas said.

For rules and other information students can see Brickley in Room E148.

“It’s always a lot of fun. It seems to have gotten more and more interest every year,” Brickley said.