Senate sponsors annual ‘Care to Share’ gift drive event

Student Body President Terrance Lewis organizes spreadsheets of families for ‘Care to Share.’ According to Lewis, SRTs will be responsible for these families’ gifts. PHOTO / YAMEEN HAMEED
Student Body President Terrance Lewis organizes spreadsheets of families for ‘Care to Share.’ According to Lewis, SRTs will be responsible for these families’ gifts. YAMEEN HAMEED/PHOTO

With the help of SRT classrooms, Senate will be sponsoring “Care to Share,” an annual gift drive event.

According to Senate sponsor Michelle Foutz, the school will be sponsoring 85 people through the United Christmas Service of United Way, buying each person Christmas presents.

“We get all of the size information and figure out who needs to get what,” Foutz said.

According to Senator and senior Sarah Alonso, Senate will start assigning families to SRT classrooms the first week of November, while the event will last until December.

We assign (families) to SRTs and keep up to date with each SRT’s student leader,” Alonso said. “It’s all about communication.”

“It’s a logistical nightmare to organize,” Foutz said. “But it’s a very worthwhile process.”