House hosts Smoothie Smashdown Dec. 10

Speaker of the house Mohammad Issa collects attendence sheets from Cabinet members while House sponsor Sarah Wolff answers questions. The next events are the restaurant fundraiser at the Westfield Steak n Shake on Nov. 30, the opening night of Holiday Spectacular, and Smoothie Smashdown on Dec. 10 from 4 to 5 p.m. in the Freshman Cafeteria. MONICA CHENG / PHOTO
Speaker of the house Mohammad Issa collects attendence sheets from Cabinet members while House sponsor Sarah Wolff answers questions. The next events are the restaurant fundraiser at the Westfield Steak ‘n Shake on Nov. 30, the opening night of “Holiday Spectacular,” and Smoothie Smashdown on Dec. 10 from 4 to 5 p.m. in the Freshman Cafeteria. MONICA CHENG / PHOTO

The House of Representatives will host Smoothie Smashdown on Dec. 10 from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Freshman Cafeteria.

Speaker of the House Mohammad Issa collects attendence sheets from Cabinet members while House sponsor Sarah Wolff answers questions. The next events are the restaurant fundraiser at the Westfield Steak 'n Shake on Nov. 30, the opening night of "Holiday Spectacular," and Smoothie Smashdown on Dec. 10 from 4 to 5 p.m. in the Freshman Cafeteria. MONICA CHENG / PHOTO

Anyone interested in creating smoothies can form a team of two for $5, and taste testers can pay $2 to judge samples from each smoothie team before voting for the winning smoothie for each of the following categories: best taste, best presentation and most creative ingredients. According to speaker of the House Mohammad Issa, winners will receive a Smoothie King gift card, and proceeds from the event will go to the Riley Hospital for Children.

House sponsor Sarah Wolff said, “Smoothie Smashdown is probably my favorite event. It’s a lot of fun, and last year’s teams got so into it. They were decorating their stations, dressing up, and using the most creative ingredients.”

According to Wolff, there will also be a quick gingerbread house building contest in the middle of Smoothie Smashdown. Students will build a gingerbread house in less than 15 minutes.

“There will be holiday music playing in the background the whole time, and it’s just a great way to chill before finals for only one hour,” Issa said.