DFG plans meeting before the semester end to discuss future events

Joseph Schaller, Diversity Focus Group (DFG) sponsor, checks his calendar to determine the next DFG meeting. According to Schaller, DFG plans to have a meeting before the end of the semester to discuss about future events for the second semester. JULIE XU / PHOTO

Diversity Focus Group (DFG) members plan to have a meeting before the end of the semester to discuss about future events, according to DFG sponsor Joseph Schaller.

Schaller said, “We don’t have our next (meeting) officially scheduled, but it probably will be before Christmas.”

Langston Newton, DFG member and senior, said DFG is on a short break right now but will start meeting again before the end of the semester.

“As of right, we are unsure about what events we will do, but we are thinking about doing a diversity fair for Black History Month, which will involve people who have a talent or something unique to their culture,” Newton said.

According to Schaller, Black History Month takes place during February and will be biggest event coming up in the third quarter.

“During Black History Month, we will probably be going watch a speaker. We also will help out with LifeLines, and we will do some trivia on the announcements,” Schaller said.