DECA members to participate in state competition beginning March 11

DECA members will participate in the DECA state competition on March 11, 12 and 13 in Indianapolis.

According to DECA sponsor Janice Brown, the format of the competition will be very similar to that of the district competition, which took place on Jan. 14. Furthermore, she said students should prepare in the same way they did for the district competition as well.

Brown said that there are many different ways that students can prepare for this competition.

“They are pulling from things from class and maybe part-time employment (that) they’ve had from personal experience. There are sample tests they can use and sample role plays they can look at to see what they should expect at the competition,” Brown said.

According to Brown, students should coninue to work on their presentations in preparation for the state competition.

Brad Kremer, DECA secretary and senior, said he is excited for the state competition.

“I really enjoy DECA and I’m looking forward to this state competition,” Kremer said. “It’s usually a lot of fun and I’ve been studying so I should be set for the competition.”

“The students seem well prepared and I think they will do very well this year,” Brown said.