Model U.N. to hold an informational resolution paper meeting in the future

Students listen to Model U.N. sponsor Tracy Hadden at a Model U.N. meeting. The next meeting date is unknown, but is anticipated to be 2 weeks before the conference. KENDALL HARSHBERGER / PHOTO

Members of Model U.N. have turned in their position papers and are now in the transition process to learning how to write their resolution papers. According to club sponsor Tracy Hadden, an informational meeting about the proper way to write their resolution papers will be held approximately two weeks before the IUPUI Model U.N. conference. The conference is scheduled to take place on March 12 and 13.

“The students actually write resolution papers at the conference, so we’ll go over the proper style needed when doing that so that they’re prepared,” she said. “But right now is kind of a lull in Model U.N. activity.”

Club member and senior Nikhil Dharan said he and his partner feel good about their position papers.

“I think all of our stances were pretty strong,” he said. “We’ll see how it works out at the conference, but for right now I think we’re in pretty good standing.