Students for Education to transition to new leaders

LOOKING FORWARD: Aghilah Nadaraj, vice president of Students for Education and senior, plans some ideas to discuss with the other officers of the club. Since Nadaraj will graduate this year, the club has been working to transition to new leaders. HENRY ZHU / PHOTO

The tutoring group Students for Education recently selected its new leaders for the 2012-2013 school year. Aghilah Nadaraj, vice president and senior, said the club is now working to teach next year’s leaders about their responsibilities.

“Since I’m graduating this year, we recently elected Claudia Benz, a sophomore, as our new vice president,” Nadaraj said. “The other officers will still be here next year, but we’re teaching her how our system works so everything will transition smoothly.”

According to sponsor Sherri Pankratz, the club’s meetings and activities are almost entirely run by the officers.

“I leave most of the day-to-day functions of the club to the students,” Pankratz said.

As for Nadaraj, she said next year’s club leaders are working to develop other ways to contribute to the Coburn shelter.

“We’ve done very good this year and we’ve built on what the club did in past years, but there’s always room for improvement,” Nadaraj said. ”Claudia has been a part of the club ever since she was a freshman, and she’s really dedicated to helping the kids, so I’m confident she’ll do a great job next year.”