Students for Education to plan for Houndstock

LAST GOOODBYES: Aghilah Nadaraj, vice president of Students for Education and senior, emails the other club officers concerning plans for Houndstock. Nadaraj said she has enjoyed her time as part of the club, and does not look forward to leaving it. HENRY ZHU / PHOTO

The tutoring group Students for Education is wrapping up plans for its booth at Houdstock this year. Aghilah Nadaraj, vice president and senior, said the club will be selling baked goods and other treats as its last fundraiser.

“Houndstock’s pretty much our last event of the year, so we want to make sure it goes well,” Nadaraj said. “We’re going to have a meeting in the next week to finalize everything and sign up members who can help run the booth.”

According to sponsor Sherri Pankratz, the club’s meetings and activities are almost entirely run by the officers.

“I leave most of the day-to-day functions of the club to the students,” Pankratz said.

As for Nadaraj, she said the impending end of the club’s activities has been a bittersweet experience.

“With tutoring ending in early May and Houndstock as our last event, Students for Education is almost done for the year,” Nadaraj said. ”I’ve been a part of it for three years now, so even though I’m excited to be graduating, it’ll be sad to leave the club and the kids at the Coburn shelter behind.”