CHTV students continue to work on project for non-for-profit clients

Jimmy Kennedy, advanced telecommunications student and senior, discusses with junior Jesse Smith about a project proposal.  According to CHTV supervisor Erin Thorpe, the students in the advanced telecommunications class will continue to work on their semester-long projects for their non-for-profit clients. JULIE XU / PHOTO
Jimmy Kennedy, advanced telecommunications student and senior, discusses with junior Jesse Smith about a project proposal. According to CHTV supervisor Erin Thorpe, the students in the advanced telecommunications class will continue to work on their semester-long projects for their non-for-profit clients. JULIE XU / PHOTO

The students in the advanced telecommunications class will continue to work on their semester-long projects for their non-for-profit clients, according to CHTV supervisor Erin Thorpe.

Thorpe said the groups will finish their projects on different times based on their clients’ needs.

“One early group shot raw footage for Habitat for Humanity last week and conducted several interviews. Habitat for Humanities will have a huge fundraiser next weekend, and they want to have their footage prepared for that fundraiser,” Thrope said. “One of the other clients is the Humane Society, and they are scheduled to meet with another group next week.”

Jimmy Kennedy, advanced telecommunications student and senior, said he is not as far as the Habit for Humanity group, but his group is making progress.

“I just submitted my first proposal to Timmy Global Health, and we are in the process in sending the second proposal. In the proposal, we are just going to feature me because I’m an actual volunteer for that organization,” Kennedy said. “I’m going to give an overview of the organization, and then we are going to bring in the founder of the foundation, who will discuss the importance of high school chapters and the role they serve in growing the foundation. We will then bring in (the) head of Carmel chapter in what they are doing this year, and I’ll end the program by asking if the (viewers) would like to donate. The (video) should just promote what Timmy Global Health does and hopefully grow the brand.”