CHTV students get ready for basketball season

CHTV supervisor Erin Thorpe writes a schedule of CHTVs upcoming events. According to Thorpe, students have mainly prepared for the upcoming basketball season. XU / PHOTO
CHTV supervisor Erin Thorpe writes a schedule of CHTV’s upcoming events. According to Thorpe, students have mainly prepared for the upcoming basketball season. XU / PHOTO

CHTV students prepare for basketball season, according to CHTV supervisor Erin Thorpe.

“Basketball season is right around the corner, and we our preparing our announcers for all the away games and the home games,” Thorpe said.

For sports coverage, CHTV has a set group of announcers, from the advanced or intermediate classes, that rotate games.

Jimmy Kennedy, sports analyst and senior, is one of the students working on basketball coverage.

“We are just kind of getting prepared for basketball season, now that football season is prematurely over,” Kennedy said. “We are trying to go a little bit farther than we did last year off-season to get prepared for basketball. I gather statistics and different types of things. It will get busier in a couple weeks with basketball taking off, but for right now, it’s been uneventful.”

There are 20 to 30 basketball games in the season, which CHTV will cover, according to Kennedy.

“Sports coverage is aired on CHTV; it’s not live. We do not have live capabilities right now,” Thorpe said. “The problem with basketball is (it’s) not set like Friday night football was set, so for basketball, people will just have to check out the CHTV twitter feed.”