DECA opens Holiday Secret Shop Nov. 26 through Dec. 1

DECA members have now opened up Holiday Secret Shop to the public, according to club sponsor Laura Cardamon. All students are invited to come in and pick out inexpensive gifts for their friends and family members.

Senior marketing students are operating the event, which is scheduled to run from Nov. 26 to Dec. 1 in Room F107. Besides advertising the event, students also have to sell a wide variety of products including games, accessories and toys. According to Cardamon, Holiday Secret Shop simulates how to manage a real business.

“Doing something like Holiday Secret Shop allows students to experience firsthand how a real business works,” Cardamon said. “In addition to teaching students good marketing and business skills, the profits are going to help pay for DECA State and DECA Nationals.”

DECA has also begun to prepare for competitions such as the DECA district competition, which takes place in early January. In addition to preparation, President Shannon Edelstein has set some new goals as a result of National DECA month, which started in November.

“In honor of National DECA month, we’ve started to do more things to get us ready for competition season,” she said. “Recently, we’ve started doing more practice tests, more role plays in-class and out-of-class and more meetings during SRT.”

“Tell your friends, family, and whoever else to come out and experience all Holiday Secret Shop has to offer,” she said.