Choir students prepare for Tarzan, first choir concert on March 13

The first choir concert of the new semester will be on March 13, according to choir director Ann Conrad. The auditions for next year’s choirs are also coming up in the spring.

Choir students Emma Schmidt, Eva Bullick, and Kelsey Berlinger rehearse in the choir room during SRT. The first choir concert will be on March 13. CAROLINE HARBOUR / PHOTO
Choir students Emma Schmidt, Eva Bublick, and Kelsey Berlinger rehearse in the choir room during SRT. The first choir concert will be on March 13. CAROLINE HARBOUR / PHOTO

Conrad said she has noticed the number of choir students growing in recent years. “We attribute it (the increase in students interested in choir) to the great work our middle school people are doing,” Conrad said. She said she is most looking forward to the upcoming school musical, Tarzan for 2013. “My absolute love of the entire year is the musical. I love the collaboration,” Conrad said.

Brooke Sauder, Allegro member and junior, said she is also looking forward to the new semester. “Our choir really bonded over Holiday Spectacular so I’m excited to see what the new year brings,” said Sauder. The students in the choir also anticipate concerts and a musical to come in the spring.