CHS Brain Game defeats University High School

Brain Game  continues to advance after its win against University High School 46-30. This school’s team is currently undefeated; a loss will result in elimination from further rounds, including the championship.

Coach and sponsor John Shearin is pleased with the results regardless of how CHS manages to have either a score of third place or higher every time since he became the coach and sponsor of the club.

Junior Noah Lybik and freshman Matthew Zheng prepare for a club meeting after school at the media center. Zheng plans on continuing to help other members of the team to win this year’s competition. JASMINE LAM / PHOTO

He said, “Carmel usually does well (compared) to other public schools.”

Member and freshman Matthew Zheng said this school’s team is doing well because of its high academic goals and achievements. He said he believes CHS will continue doing well since their confidence has increased.

Zheng said, “It’s exciting because all of the members do well in academics and we have the confidence needed to continue on with this competition due to our weekly practices at the media center.”