Jewish Student Union may not continue anymore

Currently, the Jewish Student Union (JSU) may discontinue due to former sponsor Shelly Rubenstein’s departure.

“I am no longer the sponsor, nor do I know if the club will continue,” Rubinstein said via email.

Apparently, none of the members knew about Rubinstein’s departure from the club.

Leah Zukerman, member and sophomore, is currently the only official member of JSU. She claimed there will be several changes made to JSU only if the club is able to continue.

According to member and sophomore Leah Zukerman, she was not alerted about these circumstances.

“She and I have yet to speak this year, so this news to me. Finding a new sponsor will be difficult because as far as I’m aware, there aren’t many Jewish teachers in the school. If Mrs. Rubinstein is not longer our sponsor, I’m not sure what will happen to the club,” Zukerman said via email.

Without a sponsor, JSU’s continuation is questionable. Not much information about JSU’s current situation is known due to the fact that Rubinstein could not provide any further information, and she refuses to do so.

View Comments (1)
$20
$500

• D

Deborah ZelenyNov 21, 2021 at 11:11 am

Hey! My name is Deborah Zeleny and i just randomly came across this post on my google feed. I’m 15 years old from NYC and the president of my school’s jewish student union club. I would really suggest you reach out to NCSY as they help fund and host JSU clubs in schools and i’m sure they would love to help! Checkout https://jsu.org/start-a-club/ and https://ncsy.org/

Reply