Ambassadors to compete tomorrow at Pike High School

With one grand champion trophy under their belt, the Ambassadors will compete again tomorrow at Pike High School. According to Ambassadors’ director Lamonte Kuskye, the Ambassadors will compete at 1:55 p.m. and students can buy tickets at the door for $10. Kuskye strongly encourages students to come because this year, they have added a totally unique and unusual element in their competition set.

“We have actually incorporated strings, which is very unusual for show choirs,” Kuskye said. “The catalyst for adding strings is the last two songs is our set (“Love Goes On” and “Virtuoso”).They are by the contemporary Christian artist, David Phelps. (These songs) are heavily based on strings and the music is really cool. It’s gotten rave reviews.”

Although this was an unusual move, Kuskye said that the strings were received incredibly well. Other numbers in their set include “Sing, Sing, Sing,” “Money, Money, Money” and “Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend.”

Bridgette Carter, returning member of the Ambassadors and senior, said that their biggest competition at Pike High School will be the choir from Center Grove High School.

Carter also added that while most choirs tend to perform hip-hop songs like “Closer” by Ne-Yo, the CHS choir and choirs from Center Grove High School and Finley High School are in the same genre with songs that are a bit more classical.

Despite the tough competition, Carter is confident that they will pull through. She said, “I think that we are more experienced this year and the group as a whole is more connected.”