Hip Hop Club members to participate in Battle Ground Zero at IUPUI on April 19

Linsu Han, club president and senior, mentors Darren Chang, club member and freshman. Club members, including Han, plan to participate in Battle Ground Zero at IUPUI. HELENA MA / PHOTO

According to Linsu Han, club president and senior, several Hip Hop Club members are planning to attend Battle Ground Zero, a battle hosted by the IUPUI Hip Hop Dance Crew. The event will take place at noon on April 19 at the IUPUI Campus Center. Tickets are $5 to spectate and $10 to battle. Hip Hop Club meets every Tuesday after school until 4:30 p.m. in the main lobby near the Dale E. Graham Auditorium.

“It’s really amazing how dancers of all skill levels from across the states gather at a single place to dance,” Han said.

Han said anybody can come to spectate or battle, and Hip Hop Club officers are trying to persuade more club members to participate.

“Everybody has his or her own unique style, which is always nice to watch and learn from,” he said.

All the judges are professional dancers and up to $600 are offered in prizes.

Sponsor Lacey Grabek said she is most excited for the club members to be able to showcase their talent.

She said, “I am most excited for our club to finally be able to demonstrate their talents by doing something they love: performing and battling.”