Living Hope Club will help sell products at trunk show

Sponsor Diana LaRose helps out a student during SRT. She said whenever she receives an email about new fundraising methods, she forwards the email to the club officers. DEEPTHI THADASINA / PHOTO

From Nov. 14-16 the Center for Global Impact (CGI) will host a trunk show at the State Fairgrounds. According to Grace Miller, vice president and junior, members of the Living Hope Club will help out with the trunk show depending on which day everyone is free.

The club members will help sell byTavi products made by Cambodian women.

Miller said members help out with the trunk show because they “believe in helping to end the cycle of poverty in Asian countries, and also that no one should have to resort to sex trafficking in order to make a living.”

Club sponsor Diana LaRose said this project with CGI fits right in with the club’s purpose of helping girls and stopping female infanticide.

“It is going right along with everything that the club is all about. It’s injustices to girls in particular,” she said.

The club had been looking into partnering with CGI since the beginning of the school year, and it is one of the big projects the club is working on this year. Miller said she is finding ways to help out that fit in with the club’s cause.

“The trunk shows are a great opportunity for people to support an incredible program against trafficking by purchasing items handmade by the women in the byTavi program. The products are good quality, and 100 percent of the profits go directly back to the women to help them support themselves and their families,” Miller said.