Chess Club to meet Dec. 8

Allen+Zheng%2C+Chess+Club+member+and+freshman%2C+plays+recreationally+against+his+friends.+According+to+Zheng%2C+the+club+meets+every+Monday+after+school+to+have+fun+with+other+members+and+learn+better+strategies+for+chess.+
Allen Zheng, Chess Club member and freshman, plays recreationally against his friends. According to Zheng, the club meets every Monday after school to have fun with other members and learn better strategies for chess.

Beats

According to Chess Club sponsor Margaret Winans, Chess Club will be meeting Dec. 8 in Room F103 after school. The club meets every Monday after school until 4 p.m., and late bus passes are provided.

Regardless of experience in chess, everyone is encouraged to attend. Club members will play for both competition and recreation, learning new chess skills from other members as well.

Club member and freshman Ryan Cole said the club lives by a code. “Forgive and forget it,” he said.

Members use the club to sharpen their skills for the state chess tournament in the middle of March. The tournament accepts competitors from schools from all Indiana.

“We’re going to win,” Joe Philleo, Chess Club co-president and junior, said.

For more about Chess Club, click here.

0