CHTV prepares for upcoming conference by submitting videos for competition

CHTV member and senior Makenzie Hart edits the morning announcements on her laptop in SRT on Feb. 9. Hart oversees the production of the announcements by checking progress made from scripts to filming. “With the great friendships and relationships I’ve made through CHTV, my high school experience would not be the same without it,” Hart said. NATALIA CHAUDHRY/PHOTO

According to CHTV sponsor Anna Kaiser, CHTV students submitted a variety of videos to the Indiana School Association of Broadcasters and await results from the awards ceremony on March 9.

“The videos vary from telecasts at the games to school announcements to music videos and short films,” Kaiser said. “We’ve put our morning announcements on hold, which they just started their next production cycle. This is a way for students to get recognized for their hard work at more than a school level. We have March 9 as a sort of convention with different sessions and classes to the awards ceremony.”

Makenzie Hart, CHTV member and senior, submitted multiple works to the competition, such as a music video and short film.

“I am also the director of productions here with the live school broadcast so I hope to see how that entry turns out,” Hart said. “I went into CHTV as a sophomore not knowing about this outside of announcements, but it’s a great way to sharpen your communication skills, which is what I want to major in.”