Math Club begins preparation for AIME test

Caleb+He%2C+Math+Club+officer+and+sophomore%2C+helps+a+student+in+SRT+with+his+math+homework.+The+student+was+having+problems+with+algebra.+
Caleb He, Math Club officer and sophomore, helps a student in SRT with his math homework. The student was having problems with algebra.

On March 10 in Room A310, Caleb He, Math Club officer and sophomore, and his team began preparation for the AIME test. The testing will take place on March 19 from 7:50 to 11:03 a.m.

“We finally finished the AMC’s and we are going to prepare for the AIME,” He said. He added, “For the people who qualified for the AIME’s, they have to practice. We can provide resources and assistance for them. Yet, it is mostly up to the individual to practice.”

Previous years’ AIME tests are online for students to review. He said that these are great tools to use.

Sponsor Linda Jones also said the club is preparing for the upcoming test. “We are looking for extra people to qualify,” Jones said. She added, “We look at the old AIME tests, but we also use problems from books written about the test. We are looking forward to our next round of testing.”