Kids’ Corner members rotate from Kids’ Corner Preschool to placements and vice versa

Collin Skiles, student teacher of Kids’ Corner and senior, opens his locker. Skiles said he is looking forward to being at his placement at Smoky Row. CYNTHIA YUE / PHOTO

Members of Kids’ Corner will rotate from Kids’ Corner Preschool to their placements at elementary schools or at Edu-Care and vice versa this week, according to Kimberly Lenzo, director of Kids’ Corner.

Collin Skiles, student teacher for Kids’ Corner and senior, said he will rotate this week from Kids’ Corner Preschool to his placement at Smoky Row where he will help with first graders.

According to Skiles, he will essentially be an aid to a teacher at Smoky Row.

“Every day that I go there, I’m going to be given a task for the day, and most of the time, I’ll be helping with the kids all day, and then most of the day will be dedicated to that,” Skiles said. “And a small portion of the day will also be dedicated to cleaning (up after the kids) every day.”

Skiles said he will help the kids if they need someone with whom to play and will teach them basic math.

“I’m definitely looking forward to being at my placement,” Skiles said. “It’s going to be a different atmosphere—different kids there and different tasks every day.”