Art Club to conduct art project with senior citizens, prepare for future projects

According to Jennifer Bubp, Art Club sponsor and art teacher, Art Club plans to conduct a collaborative art project with senior citizens in Westfield at the end of September.

Jennifer Bubp, Art Club sponsor and art teacher, talks with a student in class. Bubp said Art Club plans to conduct community-based events this semester, including painting with senior citizens in Westfield in late September. JESSICA MO / PHOTO

“That’s something new we haven’t tried before, so we’re excited for that,” she said. Club members will most likely create mosaics or paintings together with the senior citizens.

“We’re planning to go there and just paint with them and hopefully make them have a good time, make them happy,” Madison Tubbs, Art Club president and junior, said.

Bubp also said the club is preparing for the fall art show and the Carmel International Arts Festival. Art Club also plans to hold a fundraising event, construct a Homecoming booth and paint windows at the City Center in downtown Carmel near the end of the semester.

According to Tubbs, the club will also assemble gift baskets for children with cancer at Riley Hospital.

“We do more than just drawing in the classroom,” Tubbs said. “We try to help the community.” By Jessica Mo

Cutline: Jennifer Bubp, Art Club sponsor and art teacher, talks with a student in class. Bubp said Art Club plans to conduct community-based events this semester, including painting with senior citizens in Westfield in late September.