Project Sunshine pushes holiday party until after Thanksgiving break

Project Sunshine sponsor Allyson Wells-Podell and Nyssa Qiao, co-president and sophomore, set up craft kits for members. Project Sunshine will have its holiday celebration on Dec. 15. PHOTO / JULIANNA KESSILYAS

Beats

Project Sunshine will have its next meeting on Dec.15 after school in Greyhound Station. It will be the holiday party and they will be making bracelets.

“I’m excited to celebrate with everyone while also making bracelets for the kids in the hospital,”  Lauren Taylor, Project Sunshine member and sophomore, said. The holiday party is a way to reward the members of the club for all their hard work they put into making craft kits, or bracelets for the pediatric patients at Riley and Peyton Manning Children’s hospital.

“I appreciate all of the hard work I see the Project Sunshine members put into helping others,” sponsor Allyson Wells-Podell said.

Taylor said the celebration was rewarding, but “the most rewarding part is knowing I made someone’s day better in any way possible.”

0