WHJE looks to continue program during second semester

WHJE member and junior Zach Miller chooses new songs for the radio station to play. Miller said he was looking forward to submitting entries for the IASB contest in March. PHOTO/ MATTHEW ZHENG

Beats

WHJE is planning on continuing its usual activities as it starts the second semester.
According to newscaster and junior Zach Miller, the station will be keeping its programs consistent, but will shift focus on preparing for the Indiana Association of School Broadcasters (IASB) contest in March.

Miller said, “We just finished our first semester of projects so I’m going into the second semester to come up with more ideas and get everything rolling as smoothly as it can.”
Miller also said, “We’re really just focusing on just being the best station we can be. We’re focused on the work we have ahead of us.”
According to WHJE adviser Brian Spilbeler, the radio station will begin to submit entries they have worked on for IASB.
“They open the entries in January and have the conference in March. We are still preparing for IASB, (and) we’re hoping to win some awards for the work we’ve done,” Spilbeler said.

0