Indian Student Association still in search of new sponsor

Secretary and sophomore Jai Sanhani and vice president and junior Sitha Vallabhanen eat traditional Indian cuisine during lunch while discussing ideas about the club. ANNIKA WOLFFE// PHOTO

Indian Student Association (ISA) has yet to find a replacement sponsor for teacher Paige Wehr. As such, the club is devoting its time in search of a new sponsor before planning any events.
“We are yet to have a meeting. The sponsor that we were hoping to have is unable to continue with the club, so we’re currently in the process of trying to find a different sponsor before we can start it up again,” club president and junior Alina Husain said.
The sponsor they were hoping for was teacher Erin Odya.
“We wanted to get Odya because she sponsored the bollywood club last year, so we thought she could sponsor this club this year. She hasn’t gotten back, so we’re trying to go with Mrs. Kahl because she’s my teacher and she already knows me,” vice president and junior Sitha Vallabhaneni said.
Husain said the club hopes to find a sponsor by March. The goal is to hold a Holi celebration around Spring Break.
“We’re currently in between sponsors at the moment so we don’t know how it’s going to pan out, but I am confident in our leadership that we can really achieve our goals,” secretary and sophomore Jai Sanghani said.