Media center to reflect on previously set goals

Terri Ramos, department chairperson for media and communications, works with media specialist Jennifer Mann on a spreadsheet. “The goal is always to support teachers and students,” Ramos said.

According to Terri Ramos, department chairperson for media and communications, the media center will not have any events for the rest of the year; however, Ramos said that it will reflect on the goals the staff members had set previously and work on new goals.

“We don’t have much things close to Christmas because (students) start getting close to finals,” Ramos said.

Additionally, Ramos said the media center met some of its goals that it had set previously in the beginning of the year.

“We wanted to be better a social media this year to make sure that kids knew (what’s going on with the media center). So we’ve gotten much better at that,” Ramos said.

Anna Fagin, student aide and senior, also said that the media center was moving towards being recyclable.

“Like I said, we’re trying to make the transition to being 100 percent recyclable so we’ve been starting with the paper usage in the media center,” Fagin said.

Ramos said ultimately the main goals of the media center stay the same: trying to teach students and support them in any way.

“There’s always a constant goal of teaching and reaching more students,” Ramos said. “I definitely think we’ve gotten a lot better at that.”