Speech team to meet this Thursday

Katelyn+Wang%2C+speech+team+member+and+sophomore%2C+works+on+a+piece+for+the+next+speech+team+competition.+Wang+said+she+is+excited+this+year+because+old+and+new+members+are+all+getting+along+well.+%E2%80%9CWe%E2%80%99re+really+bonding+as+a+team+and+forming+long+lasting+relationships%2C%E2%80%9D+she+said.++

Speech team to meet this Thursday

Katelyn Wang, speech team member and sophomore, works on a piece for the next speech team competition. Wang said she is excited this year because old and new members are all getting along well. “We’re really bonding as a team and forming long lasting relationships,” she said.

Isabella White

Speech team sponsor Jacleen Joiner said the next meeting for the speech team will be this Thursday. The team members will work on refining their skills for their next competition on Jan. 5 at Fishers High School.

Katelyn Wang, speech team member and sophomore, said she and her fellow teammates are “trying to expand their horizons” this season through trying new events. At a meet, competitors participate in different events such as drama, humor, prose, poetry, impromptu and extemp. Wang said the team members will focus on improving at different events at the upcoming meetings.

She also said the members of speech team enjoy listening to everyone’s pieces and giving constructive criticism in order to improve.

0