WHJE to host fundraiser, freshmen start broadcasting

In the computer lab, freshmen Tanner Rindfuss and Aidan West prepare their scripts for their first broadcasting session.

WHJE staff members have been pre-recording before spring break and finishing their current projects. On either April 13 and 14, WHJE will have a fundraiser at City Barbecue, where they will receive a share of the profits.

“We are doing another radiothon in May. It’s not specifically for fundraising, but it’s going to be nonstop music from 8 in the morning to 11 at night,” said WHJE advisor Dominic James.

The freshmen who are incoming onto staff full-time for the next school year were able to record their first broadcast.

“I think it went how we wanted it to. It was a lot easier than what we expected,” said Tanner Rindfuss. “The goal was for it to be very much like a conversation. It started kind of weird, but it ended up going well,” Rindfuss said.

The freshmen will be applying for positions on the radio staff for the upcoming year, which includes a teacher evaluation and an essay application.  By Amy Tian 

http://www.whje.com