DECA to have second call-out meeting Sept. 10

Senior Abinay Devarakonda makes a drink in the Carmel Café during SRT. Devarakonda said, “I’m most excited to go to ICDC this year because I went last year and it was a really good experience.”

DECA will have its second call-out meeting in the Auditorium for students not already enrolled in a business course on Sept. 10 during the first session of SRT.

“DECA is a fantastic opportunity for those in high school to get involved with different activities and competitions to learn about different disciplines in business,” DECA advisor Monica Kaczmarek said. “These call-out meetings that are going on at the moment will inform new students on how the club works and how to get involved.”

Audra Kaczmarek, DECA president and senior, said she is excited to recruit more students to the program this year and gain more interest for DECA.

“We’re so excited for everyone to join this year. We want more than 500 (students) to join this year, so we’re trying to break our record from last year,” Kaczmarek said. “We are so ready to make this year great.”