Santa’s Secret Shop now open

As the holiday season approaches, all children 5th grade and under are invited to pick out presents for their families and friends at Santa’s Secret Shop.

Located in the F rooms, the shop is open from Nov. 30 to Dec. 9. Weekday times are from 7:15 to 7:45 a.m., 9:30 to 11 a.m. (SRT), 11:03 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. (lunch) and 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. On Dec. 5, the shop is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 

According to marketing teacher Janice Brown, Santa’s Secret Shop is entirely student-run. “(Students) ordered all the merchandise and manage the store themselves,” she said. “It gives them an opportunity to start and operate a business.”

Alexandra “Alex” Chandler, marketing student and senior, said marketing students have been preparing for Santa’s Secret Shop since early November. “We started planning early because we had to order all the gifts and set everything up,” she said. 

According to Chandler, the kids show up to Santa’s Secret Shop with a list of the gifts they want and money to pay for their purchases. Marketing students walk them through the shop and help them pick out their presents. After the gifts have been selected, the students ring up the purchases at the cash register and then help the kids wrap the presents. 

Alyssa Kent, marketing student and senior, said the shop sells a variety of merchandise. “We sell picture frames, coffee cups and stuffed animals, everything really,” she said. By Nina Underman and Sally Bae <[email protected]> <[email protected]>