School Resource Officers (SROs) continue planning for additional officer at CHS in August

School Resource Officer Shane VanNatter views information on his computer. VanNatter said the additional SRO will help them mentor students and provide guidance in challenging situations.

Hari Patel

School Resource Officers (SROs) at CHS continue planning for the transition of having one more SRO in August of this year, according to SRO Shane VanNatter.

“Because of the referendum in November, there will be new SROs in the district beginning August 2020 and it is important to know that our SROs are here to build positive relationships with our students,” VanNatter said.

According to VanNatter, with the extra SROs, the SROs hope to help each student succeed at school and help students work through challenging situations.

David Li, a senior who said he is in favor of another SRO, said an extra SRO can help mentor students throughout the school in addition to keeping them safe.

“The SROs not only help students stay safe at school but also are there for you when you need any kind of help through tough situations,” Li said.
0