Best Buddies to host toy drive through Nov. 16

Best Buddies will host a toy drive during the next three weeks. The proceeds from the drive will benefit a residential facility located in Indianapolis called Damar Services.

“At Damar people with intellectual and developmental disabilities are provided with a wide range of support in a residential environment if they have behavioral issues or if their families are unwilling or unable to provide for them.  Many of their residents stay through the holidays and don’t receive gifts, so Best Buddies Indiana is holding a toy drive and collecting gently used toys, books, and games that are appropriate for kids between 10-17,” president and senior Alexia Ohnemus said via e-mail.

The club will have collection boxes located in the Freshman Center cafeteria, the main cafeteria commons, outside of room E122, outside of room A201 and inside of the main lobby under the catwalk.  Students can leave donations that are placed in bags in at any of these locations.

“Best Buddies is a hugely successful club at the high school, and it truly makes a difference in the lives of both the life skills and general education students,” Ohnemus said. By Audrey Courter <[email protected]>