Principal organizes search for new assistant principal

Principal John Williams and Assistant Principal Doug Bird greet students before first period. Both administrators will serve on the Assistant Principal Interviewing Committee throughout the replacement process. LAURA PENG / PHOTO

On Aug. 24, the Assistant Principal Interviewing Committee will interview applicants to replace Assistant Principal Ronda Eshleman. Interviews will begin at 4:30 p.m. and take place in the media center classrooms. According to Principal John Williams, committee members include administrators, teachers and students.

(For a story on Eshleman’s departure, click HERE.)

“Certainly one of our goals is to find an outstanding candidate,” Williams said. “What I hope to find is someone who makes me glad that Mrs. Eshleman took that job.”

According to Williams, the committee will recommend a candidate for final approval by the central office. He said he expects the switch to take place in a matter of weeks.

“We’re still working on (the date),” Williams said. “It will be some combination of when we can replace (Eshleman), when that person can start and what kind of transition we’ll have.”

Terrance Lewis, student body president and member of the committee, said he anticipates a smooth transition.

“Students here seem to be able to handle change,” Lewis said. “I think the new assistant principal will pick up where Mrs. Eshleman left off and do a fine professional job.”

Williams said the replacement will have “very big shoes to fill.”

“We’re just moving full steam ahead, and everybody will pick up the slack,” he said. “The person we get in will be expected to come in and hit the ground running.”