Comedy Sportz team prepares for first match on Feb. 17

Comedy Sportz team members will continue to have their school practices after school on Fridays in the second semester, but the downtown practices have ended. The members will use new practice techniques in order to get ready for their first match on Feb. 17.

According to Leo Biette, team member and sophomore, second semester practices consist of a lot of match work, where the team members simulate being in a match.

Biette said, “We have to make sure that we have every game down and know the rules and how to play each one. If we don’t, it will make for a very awkward game.”

The team members focus more on the match format and learning the outline for each match during the second semester. The outline consists of which types of games they will play first, what comes next, and what to expect. Since the matches are improvised, the members can’t predict too much, but the structure is always the same, according to club sponsor Jim Peterson.

Team members still play all of the same games, do the same warm-ups and practices with the same people, but they just gets better at it, according to Biette.

Biette said, “It’s just like any other sport. The more you do it the better that you get and the more fun you have. It’s amazing to think about how much we have learned and grown since the beginning of it all. This is a really cool thing that I can’t wait to share with the school.”