Freshman Class to participate in Dance Marathon spirit week

Freshman Michael Zhao dresses for Hawaiian Day in preparation for this years Dance Marathon. On Saturday, hundreds of students will gather and dance for the kids. CHRIS LI / PHOTO
Freshman Michael Zhao dresses for ‘Hawaiian Day’ in preparation for this year’s Dance Marathon. On Saturday, hundreds of students will gather and dance for the kids. CHRIS LI / PHOTO
Freshman Michael Zhao dresses for 'Hawaiian Day' in preparation for this year's Dance Marathon. On Saturday, hundreds of students will gather and dance for the kids. CHRIS LI / PHOTO

According to Freshman Class sponsor Ann Mayhew, the Freshman Class is invited to participate in the spirit days for Dance Marathon this week.

According to Cabinet member and junior Jenna Ruhayel, Tuesday will be ‘Hawaiian Day’ and subsequent days will be ‘Denim’, ‘Color Group’ and ‘Dancer T-shirt Day.’

“Spirit days are for us to get spirited. We get excited for what’s to come, knowing that it’s a huge event for us and the entire school,” Ruhayel said.

This year, Senate and Cabinet collectively determined the spirit days. A list of potential spirit ideas was drawn up and voted on, and the most appropriate and inclusive ones were chosen.

In addition, at this year’s Dance Marathon on Saturday, there is a rumored ‘surprise.’

“I heard there was a huge surprise this year, but no one’s sure what it is. Personally, I’m on the edge of my seat and can’t wait to find out on Saturday,” Ruhayel said.