Sophomore Class encourages strong finish to school year

Sophomores Anna Khachatryan and Kyla Breland read books for their English classes after school. Sophomore Class president Lauren Fogel said she hopes the whole class continues to maintain high academic standards. DHRUTI PATEL / PHOTO

The Sophomore Class hopes to end the school year with high expectations and participation, according to Sophomore Class president Lauren Fogel. According to Fogel, the officers want their peers to stay focused on their grades and participate in end-of-the-year activities such as Houndstock.

“We just want to make sure we keep on working hard and don’t slip from the high expectations we have made for ourselves,” Fogel said. “We want to finish out the year strong.”

Sophomore Class sponsor Jennifer Williams said that in addition to keeping Sophomore Class participation high, the officers are also preparing for the upcoming “Senior Salutations” fundraiser, where underclassmen can write thank-you notes to seniors they look up to and wish them good luck with their futures.

Williams said, “This is a new event this year, and I know the Sophomore Class officers are looking forward to helping with it.”