Junior Class to have period of inactivity until next major event

Students walk through the freshman cafeteria. Part of Homecoming was conducted in the freshman cafeteria. However, no other major events organized at least in part by the Junior Class will be held there until next year’s Homecoming. CHRISHAN FERNANDO / PHOTO

The Junior Class student government will have a period of inactivity until its next major event, which will be a fundraiser. Class sponsors and officers haven’t decided a plan for the fundraiser, but they have decided that it will be conducted next semester.

According to Junior Class president Jimmy Hayden, the Junior Class government won’t participate in many activities now that Homecoming is over.

“Right now it’s kind of a down time,” Hayden said.

According to Junior Class sponsor Jennifer Rhodes, the next major events for the Junior Class officers will be prom and graduation.

“Obviously Homecoming is a major activity and that happens at the beginning of the year, so that’s why they work hard then,” Rhodes said via email.

Until second semester, however, Junior Class officers won’t be involved in any major events.