ASL Club to host day for Halloween games Oct. 30

ASL Club plans to host a day for playing Halloween games Oct. 30.  Club sponsor Joseph Wheeler siad he hopes this opportunity will allow students learn new signs for Halloween and get better at signing.

He also says other upcoming events planned for ASL Club include a Halloween party and deaf bowling.

“We are still working to plan deaf bowling and find a date and time for it,” Wheeler said via a translator. “With all these activities, I want to get to know the deaf students and see them have fun.”

According to Katie Connery, senior and ASL Club president, the more practice deaf students have with signing, the better they will become. She said that is why the club tries to plan as many activities as possible to practice signing.

“I talk to different ASL Clubs [and] as many deaf people as I can to learn more about different events, broaden others’ knowledge and organize events,” said Connery.

Wheeler said he encourages all club members to attend these events because students can get ahead in class, and there are interpreters that will help if they need it.