Pinnacle club photos and deadlines

Pinnacle, Carmel High School’s newspaper, has recently completed its second wave of club photos.  They were also successful in the recent National Journalism conference in San Antonio.  Their chief priority is their approaching Nov. 21st deadline.  According to Nicole Wilson, the Pinnacle advisor, the staff’s stress levels are soaring.  Sophomore Joie Li, in her second year of Pinnacle, said a lot of stress is need to perfect everything.

“It was my first year helping out with them (club photos) so I didn’t really know what to expect, but it was definitely more work than it looks,” Li said.

Wilson said, “The conference is a neat experience for the students that attend.  There’s about 4200 students there from all around the country… It mostly becomes about soaking up as much as you can from other advisers and professionals from around the country.”   She added that the club photos have gone well.

According to Wilson, with deadlines come more stress, since there are only four 120-page deadlines a year.  Li said, “I think we’re doing well. Since it’s a deadline, there’s bound to be some freaking out; but this past month we’ve really tightened our grip on the work. We’ve gotten down to business early on, which has reduced the amount of stress when it’s close to a deadline.”