‘Tarzan’ set as this year’s school musical

Choir director Lamonte Kuskye teaches a choir class. The choir students are busy preparing for the upcoming auditions for this years school musical, Tarzan. CAROLINE HARBOUR / PHOTO
Choir director Lamonte Kuskye teaches a choir class. The choir students are busy preparing for the upcoming auditions for this year’s school musical, Tarzan. CAROLINE HARBOUR / PHOTO
Choir director Lamonte Kuskye teaches a choir class. The choir students are busy preparing for the upcoming auditions for this year’s school musical, “Tarzan.” CAROLINE HARBOUR / PHOTO

CHS choir students anticipate long months of rehearsals and performances ahead after the success of Holiday Spectacular. The school musical this year will be “Tarzan,” according to choir director Lamonte Kuskye.

“I’m a Disney freak,” Kuskye said. “I’m really excited about it. It’s a musical no one has done before.”

Kuskye said the show closed on Broadway a few years ago, but the rights for schools to perform it have just been released.

The staff and students both said they are excited to be performing a show few people have seen. Kuskye said most of the choir students usually audition for the school musical, but unfortunately not all of them receive a part or are able to audition. According to Kuskye, about 50 students are usually involved in the production of the musical.