• THE CLASS OF 2024 SENIOR ISSUE IS OUT NOW: PICK UP A PRINT COPY NOW OUTSIDE C127!

Diabetes Awareness Club plans second semester agenda

The leaders of the Diabetes Awareness Club discuss the second semester agenda during SRT on Jan. 30. The club plans to have more events this semester including volunteer opportunities and guest speakers. ARUNI RANAWEERA/ PHOTO

According to the club’s agenda, the club will now meet the second or third Wednesday of every month, according to club president Molly Duncan.  The February meeting will have a Diabetes Experts forum as well as a guest speaker about summer camps that are available to diabetic students. The club will announce the official date of this meeting through the announcements. Duncan said she plans to have more events during the second half of the year than the club did in earlier months.

“We’re doing a lot more this semester,” Duncan said. “We have an agenda and we want to get more people involved.”

According to Patty Antle, club sponsor and nurse, the club meets after school or during SRT in the main health center.

Meetings for later months will involve volunteer opportunities, contacting congressmen regarding legislation affecting diabetics and discussions on how to deal with diabetes in a college atmosphere.

The club now has a Facebook page under the name CHS Diabetes Awareness Club, where Duncan said members can find more updates on what the club is planning.