Math Club to take AIME test March 14

In order to prepare for the coming math competitions, sophomore Natasha Crasta does her math problems. The difficult problems in her current math class will prepare her for the similar questions that will be on prestigious competitions such as AIME. MICHAEL LI / PHOTO

Last week, Math Club members took the AMC, which is a high level math competition. However, Math Club will not take time to rest before their next contest.

“Everyone did extremely well in their AMC’s, but we still have a lot of work to do in order to prepare for the coming competitions,” Math Club sponsor Dan Perdun said.

Math Club has two more competitions before the end of the year. The nearest one is the AIME (American Invitational Mathematics Examination). It is reserved for the students that performed the best on the AMC 10 and AMC 12. According to Math Club officer David Liang, the date for the AIME is on March 14, 2013.

“It is so close to the AMC because it is just basically the next level of the AMC,” Liang said.

Although the AIME will be a very difficult competition for most of the students, both Perdun and Liang believe that the members will do very well.

“After all, we’re still Carmel. We never lose, right?” Liang said.

Edit, March 20, 2013: The original article incorrectly cited freshman Ryan Jou as an AIME qualifier. The inaccurate information was deleted.

View Comments (3)
$20
$500

• B

bored math clubberMar 21, 2013 at 7:55 pm

the writing is alright, but there seems to be several factual errors in the math club articles and not just this one. try fact checking in the future

Reply
  • A

Anonymous person who happens to be in Math ClubMar 17, 2013 at 4:19 pm

What the … ?
    err … this story is inaccurate … VERY inaccurate

Reply
  • C

CarlosMar 14, 2013 at 9:35 pm

I don’t believe I saw Ryan at AIME…

Reply