CRU to meet on Dec. 3

CRU, a faith-based organization at Carmel, usually meets at 7 a.m. every Tuesday in the freshman cafeteria. The week after Thanksgiving, on Dec. 3, club meetings will continue the same trend that it had been following ever since CRU started this year.

The meeting will start off with an activity. This activity could be any type of game that would help students to becoming more active at the meetings. That way, attendees can be active and stay interactive during CRU meetings. After the game, teacher sponsor Kim TenBrink will make announcements about upcoming opportunities within the club.  A session of teaching and sharing follows announcements; students or adults could take over this responsibility.

CRU is a very popular club at school, and students such as freshman Lillian St. Angelo enjoy it very much.

“It is a great place to be every Tuesday even though it is in the morning because I have a lot of friends there, and I can really become involved in the community,” St. Angelo said.

“I mean, we have club at 7 in the morning, and we have 150 people come every week. I don’t really know how much people like waking up earlier and coming to school on Tuesday mornings, but it just shows you how popular CRU is at this school,” said TenBrink.