Chemistry Club to host chemistry demonstration on Dec. 13 at Towne Meadow Elementary

David Liang, Chemistry Club member and senior, prepares for the Elephant Toothpaste experiment. According to Liang, these experiments educate students about the chemistry and entertain them as well. JOSEPH LEE / PHOTO

According to Chemistry Club sponsor Virginia Kundrat, Chemistry Club will host a demonstration at Towne Meadow Elementary School on Dec. 13.

Kundrat said this event will showcase fun and educational science experiments to the elementary school students. Some experiments that will be presented are the Elephant Toothpaste, Density Column, ice cream making, and the Disappearing Beaker. These experiments, according to Kundrat, are supposed to entertain the young students as well as inform them of the studies of science.

“It’s important because we want to inspire these kids,” Patrick Tan, Chemistry Club president and senior, said. “Keep in mind, little kids are really impressionable. You never know when something they experience will affect them greatly. So we want to show them that chemistry and science is fun, so that maybe they’ll take an interest and see if it is something they might want to do in their future. Even if that isn’t the case, just knowing about science and being aware of it (and) informed is good.”