Counselors to start Junior scheduling meetings on Jan. 22

Counselor Bettina Cool looks at schedules on her computer. According to Cool, scheduling for senior year is important for a student’s academics. NAOMI REIBOLD / PHOTO
Counselor Bettina Cool looks at schedules on her computer. According to Cool, scheduling for senior year is important for a student's academics. NAOMI REIBOLD / PHOTO

Junior meetings for senior year scheduling will occur between Jan. 22 and Feb. 10, according to counselor Bettina Cool.

Cool said there are a lot of misconceptions about the importance of senior year.

“(Students) think, ‘Oh I’ve got everything I need.’ But what a lot of people don’t realize is that senior year is a big part of what colleges make decisions about admissions. They look to see if you’re still challenging yourself and you have an academic schedule because they want you to continue to use your brain and to be prepared for college,” Cool said.

Junior Laura Boodt said she realizes the importance of senior year and will continue to take the same rigor of classes.

Boodt said, “Senior year is just as important as junior year, and I will definitely be challenging myself with the classes I take.”