• THE CLASS OF 2024 SENIOR ISSUE IS OUT NOW: PICK UP A PRINT COPY NOW OUTSIDE C127!

Latin Club plans to meet March 21

According to Latin Club sponsor Caren Rickett, Latin Club has a meeting scheduled for March 21. During this meeting, the club will finalize plans to attend State Latin Convention on March 14 and 15 at Indiana University. The club has five students competing in this academic competition. It allows for students to participate in different tests for vocabulary, grammar, culture and other topics according to Rickett. The competition also includes creative arts contests and graphic arts contests. In the creative arts contest, participants can recite poems in Latin, design costumes in the costume contest or even give speeches in English and Latin. In the graphic arts contests, students have to make maps or posters.

According to co-president and sophomore Katie Schmelz, this meeting will be gladiator-themed. She said people are still welcome to join and they are welcome to come to just one meeting if that’s all they want.

Schmelz said, “It’s fun and we’re a bunch of random people who do random stuff and you never know what you’re going to get yourself into with us.”