Key Club to hold class officer elections

Darren Chang, Key Club member and sophomore, reads the Key Club agenda. Chang said he is excited to vote for the Key Club class officers on Oct. 2. MELISSA YAP / PHOTO

At the next meeting on Oct. 2, Key Club members will vote for class board members. These class officers will log hours and file  information. Students interested in applying for a position should turn in their applications by Sept. 25 to the Key Club office.

Joe Philleo, Key Club president and junior, said, “We are looking for applicants who are hard-working individuals with a strong interest in Key Club. Preferably, they should be organized and very involved in the organization.”

Students can also apply to be on the club’s hours committee. Member of the hours committee will log and file students’ hours during SRT. According to sponsor Katherine Kelly, Key Club is looking for at least 20 students to be on the committee.

“We’d like to be able to have students working every SRT, but we’re not expecting any one student to come in every SRT,” Kelly said.

Key Club also needs American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters to work with deaf children that participate in the Carmel Dads Club.

Kelly said, “They play for the Dads Club, but the coaches don’t know how to communicate well with them. However, one of the only places in our community to find people who have a good basic understanding of ASL is here at CHS because we have such a strong program.”

Students who are interested in becoming an ASL interpreter should contact [email protected].

For more information on Key Club click here.