Media center to undergo renovation

Sophomore Sam Philleo completes an assignment in the computer lab. The empty media center room that once housed the copy center could potentially become another computer lab in the future.

According to Assistant Principal Joseph Schaller, the media center will get renovated with new tables, chairs and furniture. Although the official date of completion has yet to be announced, the renovation is estimated to finish around the start of the next school year.

“There are going to be a lot of different types of desks and chairs,” Schaller said. “Most of the changes are going to take place in the area between the Freshman Center entrance and the computer labs (of the library).”

Along with the renovation, the copy center previously located in the media center has been relocated to the engineering and technology education department. According to Schaller, as a result, the empty room that once housed the copy center might be refurbished into another computer lab.

According to sophomore Sam Philleo, the new furniture in the library could be very helpful. “I’m usually in the library working on projects with friends,” he said. “With more tables and desks, we would be able to work together more easily on more things.”

For more info on the building and grounds, click here.