AP exam registration to end March. 13

Counselor Bettina Cool searches the AP registration website. AP registration opens Feb. 13 for students. 
NAOMI REIBOLD / PHOTO

Counselor Bettina Cool searches the AP registration website. AP registration opens Feb. 13 for students. NAOMI REIBOLD / PHOTO

According to counselor Bettina Cool, online registration for AP testing will end March 13.

Counselor Bettina Cool searches the AP registration website. AP registration opens Feb. 13 for students.  NAOMI REIBOLD / PHOTO

Counselor Bettina Cool searches the AP registration website. AP test registration opens Feb. 13 for students.
NAOMI REIBOLD / PHOTO

“That’s plenty of time don’t you think? Except for procrastinators, there’s never enough time (for them),” Cool said of registration, which began Feb. 13.

After students have registered online, they are required to print out and bring their registration receipt and a check to the counseling office.

According to Cool, this year the price for each test will be $91, several more dollars than last year. However, the state, like past years, will pay $67 of the total price for all math and science AP exams.

Senior Emily Shady said she will take two AP tests this year: Calculus AB and Spanish.

“I think it’s worth (the price) to take the tests. You can get college credit depending on where you go,” Shady said.

Cool said she encourages all students in AP tests to take the exam, despite the costs.

Cool said, “I think its good to at least give (the AP test) a try. It’s not going to hurt. Even if you’re really stressed out about it and not doing so well in the class, don’t worry about it.”

0